Tuesday 20 April 2010

Wagtail City

Went to Cresswell on Monday Afternoon hoping to see the Whimbrel that had been reported there on Sunday.  Was glad I went when my year ticks went up a couple of notches.  Got to see 2 Grey Partridge, Common Sandpiper, 6 Yellow Wagtail, Jack Snipe (the one I saw at Far Pastures was a bit suspect), White Wagtail (once again the one I had seen previously was a bit suspect but with a full explanation of the differences I was now convinced) and finally the Blue-Headed Wagtail.  My usual crap pics are below:

 Yellow Wagtail jumping to catch insects
My only flight shot (of the bird, not the post)
Once again after the insects
Blue-Headed and Yellow Wagtail together
Once again the pair together

Thanks to Tim (blogger tick) for the entertaining chat and information and if you hadnt guessed all pics were horribly cropped to enable me to show something.  Didnt get to see the Whimbrel though (sob sob)

1 comment:

Johnnykinson said...

Hi John
Just catching up on your postings. Some nice images but i like the High Level Bridge one. However not as good as the L.B.B. Gulls on the lamp post, love it. What the hell had that Chiff Chaff been on at Far Pastures? I'm surprised it wasn't calling "Chaff Chiff"
John