Saturday 11 September 2010

Beat Her At Last

Arrived home yesterday evening and was gonna go for a wander down St Marys but as I was getting my gear together a shadow flew past the window and about a 100 birds lifted from the garden.  Quick grab of the camera and pumping away on the button when the shadow settled on the fence in the darkest shade for a few seconds, the beloved not to be undone grabbed hers also and fired off a shot and with it the flash and up went the Sparrowhawk.  Its the first time I have beaten her to a shot in the garden so here are the only 2 decentish shots I managed to take:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John

I want that Sparrowhawk in my garden.....i live 2 minutes from you, so you never know....here's hoping!

Darren

Anonymous said...

Err, that anon comment was mine...don't know why that happened.

Darren

HOWDON BIRDER II said...

er, its happened again!