Tuesday 5 April 2011

Gorgeous Garganey in Gosforth

Sunday morning and off to Gosforth Park.  Walking to the hide the woods were alive with bird calls/song.  Noteworthy views were several Long Tailed Tits, a Treecreeper and a Nuthatch.   At the Lake Hide there were quite a few ducks showing including the 2 I had really come to see, the Garganey.



The pair eventually dozed off in the morning sun between the showers which brought quite a lot of Sand Martins feeding on the waters


30 Seconds of Gorgeous Garganey


Not far from the hide I spotted (been there about 2hrs) a Snipe which was obviously sitting its final NVQ 2 Camouflage exam which I gave it a pass for


This shot was taken with my Nikon DSLR and heavily cropped


This following was one I tried out my new digiscoping skill (dont laugh) but think I need a few more lessons before I can even upgrade my skill level from bloody useless to incompetent


Now some Posing Pochard which are just stunning (the bird that is, not the pictures)



A couple of Little Grebes squawked their way round the lake the whole of the time I was there so it would be a shame not to include a picture of one of them


Finally on the way out some 5hrs later I bumped into this little beaut and we just stared at each other for a few minutes before it wandered away.  At last Im now learning to stand still for a while before grabbing for the camera and scaring things away

No comments: