Sunday 10 April 2011

Tawny Owl

After a morning up at Cresswell and Druridge looking at the delightful Avocets, Yellow and White Wagtails, Twite, Linnet, Grey Partridge and Wheatear to name but a few (dipped on the Shorelark unfortunately) off I went to Prestwick Carrs to look for the Tawny which Peter had reported.  Like Dick I was also well armed but also took my Digiscoping kit and my No 1 Spotter (the wife).   After having a look round we also spotted Mistle Thrush, Wheatear, Curlew, a bloody huge Buzzard and Golden Plover (note to self, must check what I wrote as after the post being up 12hrs I noticed I had typed Golden Partridge instead of Plover).  Then off to seek the Tawny.  It wasn't as hard as I thought as it was in exactly the same place as last year.  We spent an hour watching it, and with the aid of my Mr Nikon new scope and digiscoping kit the following pics and video were produced.  Pictures not as good as last year but it was delightful to watch it.





2 comments:

Citybirding said...

At least I know I'm looking in the correct spot. One of these days....

Tim Sexton said...

Hi John, If I'm on the bumpy road do I walk toward the sentry box. Just after a clue where to look. Cheers.