Sunday 27 May 2012

Lots of Young Uns

A busy long weekend has not gave me time to put fingers to keyboard for another diatribe.  So just a few pics to remind myself of what exactly I did.  Friday, myself and John A made a visit to the dark side (Gateshead) to have a look on the Derwent.  Glorious sun made it hard at times to get any pics but here is a few:

Two young Pied Wagtail chicks waiting for food
 Only one at a time was fed

Grey Wagtails catching lots of insects then sit for up to 10mins before
heading off to the next to feed their young




An adult Dipper dipping
 A young dipper in the water very early morning with the sun giving
an amazing golden film across the surface

We visited Kibblesworth where the main target were dragon and damsel flies.

Quite a few Damselflies Exuvia were found
 Wall Brown
 4 Spotted Chaser

We also spent 30mins sitting at the "Bus Terminus" at Sherburn Towers Estate with at least 6 Red Kites soaring around.  Great finish to a Great Day.

On Saturday I went to East Chevington where my first Spoonbill of the year was seen or least part of it was seen as during the time I was there it never raised its head.  A Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Little Gull and 2 Female and 1 Male Marsh Harrier were also seen.  I didn't see or hear the Marsh Warbler but spotted the guys looking for it.

In our Garden the Starling Chicks are now feeding independently although 3 or 4 times this week a newly fledged bird appears and is fed by its parents/aunties/uncles/any Starling.

Watch in HD thru the UTube Button



No comments: