Tuesday 3 July 2012

Back to Work

Early yesterday morning on my first day back at work John A I headed for Backworth Pond/Flash and after an hour searching the Red-necked Phalarope came out to play.  Found at about 06.30 but properly identified as it got brighter at about 06.50 then left for work at 07.00.  Thanks to John for telling me about it as my phone and internet had decided to stop working for the previous 24hrs.

On Sunday night I had a visitor to the garden, not a SPECTACULAR rarity just a plain old Hedgehog but what was amazing is that it is the first one I have seen this year.  Previous years I have seen up to 3 in the garden at the same time at least a couple of months earlier.



1 comment:

Johnnykinson said...

I see the bird "flew the coop" at 9.15.
Has that smile worn off yet?