Sunday 29 September 2013

Saturdays Wanderings

Out with John A yesterday, his first trip out for 4 weeks.  We stayed local venturing no further than St Marys, North Shields Fish Quay for Lunch (no prizes for guessing what I had), a short visit to Holywell then back to St Marys for a bit of Seawatching.  Not many photographs taken but a few birds seen including Whinchat, Yellow-browed Warbler, Brambling (heard only), Great Skua, Bar-tailed Godwit, Grey and Golden Plover but the notable omission was the Bluethroat which I also dipped on Friday evening.

We also bumped into Brian B, Keith B (from the Big Waters Aerial Display Watching Team), Brian (ex blogger) from Killingworth who sealed the kiss of doom by bringing his camera to photograph the Bluethroat, Susan from Big Waters and many others too numerous to mention.  Anyway here is a couple of pictures from the day.

Bird of the Day
Great Skua, my first ever picture (once again I use the work picture loosely) of one




Well time to get back out birding again.  I spend too much time writing blogs and trying to identify Moths so I think I might create a new blog called "Moths I need ID'd So I can go Birding and Mothing" until I become as expert as identifying them as I am at identifying Birds (Stop Laughing Mr Johnston)

No comments: