Sunday 18 January 2015

Big Waters Sunday 18 Jan 15

Nice couple of hours round Big Waters on Sunday morning until the sleet started around 11.30.  Pond was about 75% frozen but filled with Ducks.  Also a couple of Redpoll were spotted on the walk.  Feeding Station busy also and as Alan J topped up the feeders 4 of the Robins were in the next couple of feeders to him and as he left 12 Moorhen were back in feeding.  

It got bright for a short while
 My first Pinkfoot of the year at Big Waters
 One of my favourite views
I think Alan counted about 774 Teal and Graeme got 177 Mallard, I offered to count the Great Crested Grebes but couldn't find any, next week I will offer to count the Smew
 One of several Reed Buntings in the Feeding Station 
and one feeding in the reeds
 First bit of snow for the Winter so had to put a Robin shot in
 Couple of Yellowhammer in the Feeding Station also


No comments: